ENCHANTMENTS OF GWENDOLYN: Four songs set to poems by Gwendolyn MacEwen (2015).
- Mezzo-soprano and piano. c. 17:00
- Commissioned by the Canadian Art Song Project. Premiered by mezzo Allyson McHardy and Adam Sherkin piano at the Canadian Opera Company Bradshaw Amphitheatre in Toronto on January 27, 2015.
- Listen (YouTube)
UNDER THE WATCHFUL SKY (2009-10) Three songs set to ancient Chinese poems. c.21:00
- Mezzo-soprano & orchestra: 2fl 2ob 2cl 2bn 4hn 2tpt 2tbn btbn tba 2perc timp hp & strings.
- Commissioned by mezzo-soprano, Susan Platts, through the Rolex Mentor & Protégé Arts Initiative. Premiered by Susan Platts and the Quebec Symphony Orchestra on Nov. 10 &11, 2010 in Quebec City.
LOVE YOU FOREVER (2005) based on the children’s story by Robert Munsch. 16:00
- Narrator/singer, violin, oboe, cello & accordion.
- Commissioned by Stratford Summer Music and MacDonald’s Restaurants (Stratford) Premiered by story teller, Robert Munsch, and Quartetto Gelato in August 2005.
DEATH & THE MORNING STAR: Easter theme of Death & Resurrection (1987) c. 30:00
- Baritone solo, choir & orchestra: 2fl 2ob 2cl 2bn 2hn 2tpt 2tbn btbn tba 2perc timp hp & strings.
- Ontario Arts Council commission. Written for & premiered by the Bach-Elgar Choir with John Fanning, soloist & the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra at Hamilton Place, April 18, 1987. CBC broadcast June 28, 1987.
SVET (SANCTUS) (2014) c. 4:00
- Male octet
- Commissioned by the Slovenian Radio for the Vrtinec (Rose) Oktet. Premiered June 30, 2016 in Ljubljana for the 25th anniversary of the Slovenian Republic.
SWEET WATER SEA (2013) c. 5:00
- SATB choir.
- Commissioned by Waterside Concerts. Premiered by the Elora Festival singers at the Waterside Summer Series on Amherst Is. ON, August 7, 2013.
FLYING SWANS (2010) c. 8:30
- SATB choir, cl. (or vla or veena) & cello.
- Commissioned by the Data Family for the 10th anniversary of the Cantabile Singers. Premiered on Nov. 6, 2010 in Kingston, Ontario.
ODE TO TALLIS (2005) c. 13:00
- SATB choir.
- Société Radio-Canada Commission for the 500th birthday anniversary of Thomas Tallis. Written for and premiered by Le Studio de Musique Ancienne de Montreal & the Elmer Iseler Singers in Nov. 2005 in Toronto & Montreal.
SANCTUS (2005) c. 4:00
- SATB. Movement from ODE TO TALLIS. See above.
YOUTH’S CONCERNS (2000) Three songs for advanced youth choirs. c.12:00
- SATB choir.
- Laidlaw Foundation commission. Written for Choirs Ontario and performed by the Ontario Youth Choir for their Ontario tour September 17-23, 2000.
DEATH & THE MORNING STAR: Easter theme of Death & resurrection (1987) c. 30:00
- Baritone solo, choir & orchestra: See Vocal above for details.